Automotive and Mobility.
In 1998, Congress amended the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to require Federal agencies to make their electronic and information technology (EIT) accessible to people with disabilities. The law (29 U.S.C. § 794 (d)) applies to all Federal agencies when they develop, procure, maintain, or use electronic and information technology. Under Section 508, agencies must give disabled employees and members of the public access to information that is comparable to the access available to others.
Technologies and Solutions.
- We have in-house DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester
- Vast experience in Section 508 testing and remediation of software, websites and documents for Federal agencies.
- DHS/USCIS cleared personnel.
- We treat each contract related to Section 508 compliance check and remediation process as making a difference for individuals with auditory and visual disabilities.
- Our Section 508 remediation services ensure that information systems are fully accessible to individuals with auditory and visual disabilities. We believe that digital accessibility goes beyond compliance.
In an effort to standardize their approach to Section 508 agency wide, Department of Homeland security (DHS) created the Trusted Tester program to certify employees to evaluate software and web applications for Section 508 compliance. After passing the Trusted Tester Certification exam, an individual is certified to independently provide accurate Section 508 compliance test results for software and web applications by following the DHS Section 508 Compliance Application Test Process and using approved testing tools. More recently DHS has partnered with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to take the program a step further, outlining baseline tests which were vetted by a best practices team and based on current and emerging standards from both Section 508 and WCAG 2.0. In the long term the goal would be for federal agencies to adopt a unified, government-wide testing approach for reliable and repeatable testing across agencies.
Our Trusted Testers have an in-depth understanding of baseline tests that are used inter-agency to test for Section 508 and are certified to perform testing for clients that need to meet DHS or baseline requirements. In addition, we can work with clients to develop testing processes founded on the baseline tests and harmonized with the DHS test process.