This is a varied role working as Product Engineer in the Global Products and Solutions organization focusing on next generation managed network services. You will be responsible for the development of one or more managed WAN Optimization solutions. This work includes technical design and architecture, commercial aspects as well as communication with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities as a Sr. Product Engineer will involve:
- Developing product and product enhancement ideas in a holistic context
- Creation of related designs and architecture documentation
- Interaction with Sales architects and sometimes directly with customers
- Management of the vendor relationships to drive new development.
Your skills and qualifications as Sr. Product Engineer will ideally include:
- Some experience as a product developer or closely related environment, ideally in a multinational environment.
- ·Demonstrable hands-on experience as an Engineer in IT and Telecommunications.
- In depth knowledge and experience in WAN Optimization products such as silverpeak, Riverbed, Cisco WAAs etc.
- Experience with next generation SDN architectures and products is desirable
- Some experience with Network Functions Virtualization is a plus.
- Understanding of commercial principles and business strategy
- Highly developed and adaptive communications skills and strong team-player
- Ability to think and evaluate issues holistically and in a wider context.
- Used to work self-directed towards agreed outcomes.
- English language skills to a business standard
- Bachelor or higher degree in related field or comparable experience
- Ability to organize priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with a continually changing and demanding environment.
What we will be looking for in you:
A recognized team player with the ability to work autonomously and to manage own schedules to meet deadlines. As a Sr. Product Engineer with Verizon you will bring a positive and outcome oriented can-do attitude and be willing to work flexible hours as required. The individual needs to be passionate to work with people and capable of considering and integrating different views to achieve the best outcome.
This position has a technical focus but is not pigeon-holed to the technical domain. The individual is expected to view the technical aspect within a holistic context and to collaborate with other domain experts to produce a coherent outcome.
Note: Interested Candidates Can Reach Out To ( Jey@newlineinfo.com )